Covid-19 has brought a new scenario that has also reached Human Resources departments. Learning to manage tasks in a different way, achieving digitalization, not only of processes, but also of employees’ skills, and offering an innovative training experience, are today the fundamental objectives for any organization.
Upskilling, a key tool in talent management
The pandemic has generated new ways of working remotely and this has meant that both the soft and hard skills required for a given job are constantly changing and evolving. Upskilling has become a key strategy in HR management because COVID-19 has highlighted the need to manage teams that require the acquisition of new skills. In this new context, flexibility, continuous training and the ability of employees to adapt play a key role.
Benefits of upskilling
- Promotes elimination of the digital divide. It is important that when organizations talk about the digitization process, they do not forget to digitize the skills of their employees. In fact, according to the report prepared by PwC and the World Economic Forum, “Upskilling for Shared Prosperity“, by 2030 the GDP in Spain alone will increase by 132 billion dollars, thanks to digital upskilling of its workers.
- Promotes talent retention. Employees are aware that their organization is investing in them and this increases their loyalty. Having people who add value to the company should be a key factor in any business strategy.
- Contributes to achievement of Sustainable Development Goals, including reducing inequalities, achieving greater investment in industry and innovation, and achieving job-creating economic growth.
- Reduces time spent on recruitment processes. According to the “The Littler Annual Employer Survey“, the objective of almost 50% of companies that apply AI in their Human Resources department is to optimize their recruitment processes. This technology makes it possible to have much more relevant information about candidates during the selection process and, therefore, to create personalized offers.
- Improves corporate image. Human capital management is one of the basic pillars of corporate social responsibility as it helps improve the perception that employees and other stakeholders have of an organization.
Upskilling is an essential tool to simplify the achievement of corporate objectives. It is key to retain talent and is the way to empower your organization. In this process, the role of the training manager is very important as it boosts employee engagement and fosters a sense of belonging. Aware of this, Talentia offers its support to the Learning & Development Manager to define a training strategy that will help identify the needs of employees, determine what skills they need to strengthen or acquire and, ultimately, achieve the desired results to promote the growth of the company. Only with a well-defined internal training program, aimed at developing employees’ skills in the most optimal way, will they be able to adapt to change and perform their jobs effectively.
About Talentia Software
Talentia Software is an international leader in solutions for financial and human resources. Talentia’s solutions are complete, integrated and adapted to the specific complexity that mid-size companies must manage. Talentia Software is a French group with a strong presence in Southern Europe, particularly in Italy, Spain, Portugal, and Greece. Following the acquisition of Addedo in 2018, Talentia is now also present in Switzerland, Germany, and North America. More than 3600 companies are already using Talentia solutions to simplify the management of their financial and HR complexities. In 2019, the group achieved a turnover of 65 millions of euros and 450 employees.
More informations : https://www.talentia-software.com