Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro, President of Talentia Software, a very committed President
Being very aware of the social and corporate responsibility of companies and their leaders, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro has a strong commitment to the civil society; in parallel to her professional duties, she is focusing on two specific areas:
Advocacy of the software developer profession in the IT industry:
- In July 2014, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro was elected President of the Syntec Federation which includes the activities of Engineering and Digital, Research and Consulting, Vocational Training and Events professions; representing 80,000 companies, 910,000 employees and €120 billion in revenue.
- Since May 2009, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro has been a Board Member of Syntec Numerique (professional association of software and web developers, IT services and technology consulting companies working in the IT industry).
- In addition, as the software industry needed better representation in joint commissions, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro was appointed by Syntec Numérique to represent the organisation from 2009 to 2010 as a Board member of FAFIEC, an organisation approved by the French government to gather funds to support employees’ training whilst working in the IT industry.
- On March 15, 2011 Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro was appointed a Board member, and since early 2013, Vice President of Pasc@line, an association that aims to encourage and implement an effective cooperation between higher education institutions and IT professionals.
- Previously, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro cofounded and presided AFDEL (French Association of Software Publishers) until July 2006, and was a Board member until April 2009.
Defence of the position of Women at all levels of the hierarchy:
- In order to maintain focus on her company, Talentia Software, and the Syntec Federation, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro gave up the Presidency of the association she founded in 2011 as part of Syntec Numerique “Women in the Digital Industry”, whose three-pronged objective is to promote gender equality in the IT industry, provide tools to member SMBs for its implementation and to enhance the appeal of the IT industry to women. She remains Honorary President of the commission.
- A Board member of Cloudwatt, a cloud computing Infrastructure Company with European ambitions, of which Orange is the largest shareholder (44.4%), followed by the French state, through the Caisse des Dépôts (33.3%) and Thales (22.2%).
- Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro is also Chair of the Mentoring Committee “Women Equity for Growth”. Women Equity for Growth is a not-for-profit organisation, whose objective is to contribute to a better gender balance in economic leadership for sustainable growth in Europe, through the promotion of women entrepreneurship.
- Last but not least, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro is Vice President of the “Women in Leadership” association whose primary objective is to offer women a networking platform to enable them to broaden their horizons, gain support, and identify opportunities and ideas that would not otherwise be readily available to them.
Elected “Woman Entrepreneur of the Year” by L’Usine Nouvelle in September 2012, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro received the award for best Small Cap external growth at the 6th edition of the CFnews Grand Prizes in May 2013, and received a prestigious accolade at the Franco-British Business Awards ceremony in Paris winning the SME/Entrepreneur Business Award in November 2013.
In recognition of her professional achievements and commitments within the civil society, Viviane Chaine-Ribeiro was decorated Knight of the Legion of Honour in 2010 and an Officer of the National Order of Merit in 2013.